Overview of Temper Your Anger programme:
This programme is open to all adults and adolescents who wish to explore, understand and identify the roots of their anger, express it safely and learn the necessary tools to manage difficult emotions effectively.
You will learn how to evaluate your anger and stress levels, using cutting-edge techniques and strategies combined with an experiential approach. Through identifying your anger triggers and developing an acute profile of your own anger and stress levels, you will be enabled to transform them into a healthy part of your life.
What you will learn:
- How to recognise your anger type and style
- Historical anger verses present tense anger
- The first six rules of anger management
- Defence mechanisms
- Discover what anger is and what is not
- Primary feelings and needs
- What the main sources of anger are
- Understanding rage and how it differs from anger
- Powerful strategies for managing your anger
- Recognise anger-triggering thoughts and learn ways to challenge them
- The human brain and anger
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Techniques for healthy conflict resolution
- Learn how to control anger-generating stress
- Attachment styles and anger
- Shame and anger
- Active listening
- How we perceive things
- Recognising differences between clean and unclean anger
- Creating a support network
- Benefits of keeping an anger journal
- Taking time out
- Interpersonal clearings
- Why we take things personally
- Recognise the early warning signals of anger and find out how to cool down before things get really hot
Duration: 5 evenings, run consecutively over 5 weeks. 7pm – 9pm. Cost: €245 (payable in advance)
The programme starts on TUESDAY 1st SEPTEMBER, 18:30 – 20:30.
Sign up here!
Do I have to attend all of the course?
In order to gain a certificate of completion, participants are required to attend all of the sessions. The Irish Association for Anger Management can grant a certificate of completion at their discretion under exeptional circumstances.
Are there any follow up sessions available?
Yes. “Staying the Course” is a short follow up programme, offering support to past participants by reviewing progress to date and enhancing the skills gained from the “Temper your Anger” programme.
Do you sell gift vouchers?
Yes. Gift vouchers are available from the Irish Association for Anger Management (suitability permitting). Please contact peter at email@example.com for furthert info.
What’s the refund policy?
Participants who are unable to complete the current programme will be offered a place on the next available programme.